Sunday 26 February 2017

And the Writing Team goes to Bataan!

Scary bumpy ride
Mountainside and cliff
Choose where you side
And outside take a whiff


So the peak of workload came to an end and as a treat, the company provided the whole writing team to go to a beach in Bataan.

Honestly, at first I really didn't want to go because it will be very exhausting and I still have classes the night before going there, also I will have a class the day after the trip. But as always, I thought of how fun it will be and the memories I will get to have with my co-workmates.

So, here we go.

I doubt I would have much to write about this trip actually.


Honestly, I wished that there was a tour guide who climbed on the bus the moment we step on Bataan, because the place was so interesting. It has a different aura than in the city (stating the obvious here) and I know that there is so much history in the province and I'm pretty much curious about it.

As the bus continues to go to our destination, I saw some interesting things outside (because I'm sitting on the window seat).

I saw markers of the Death March and that when I had the realization that, yea, the Death March happened here, too bad I didn't know much about it. 

And also I happen to see trees with pink flowers and I guess it was cherry blossoms? I don't know how that could happen though (If someone knows what those pink flowers at the side of the mountains in Bataan, in between a few Death March markers, please do clarify if these are cherry blossoms or something else)

My theory was, because Death March happened on the Japanese occupation, these might be some reminders of the dreadful event or something.





Going to the resort was plenty exhausting and took a long time but it was worth it when I saw the view. There were clear skies and the trees are all over, the cloudscape was amazing too, PLUS there weren't a lot of people. So, pretty much the whole resort was for us (even though it's not)







  • The resort was amazing and the service was very good too. The beach is open in the day, there is a floating obstacle course in the further part of the beach. There is a pier also and there are people riding jetskis so I assume that they have these services also.
  • There's WiFi everywhere (also they have a WiFi username and password just for you)
  • The lockers were awesome
  • You don't have to pay for cottages because they don't have one and you can just lounge anywhere (besides the space is very good so you probably won't a cottage)
  • They have rental bikes
  • If you don't like saltwater or you are sick of beaches (like me), they have an Infinity Pool that is open until 5PM and longer every weekends.
  • The Sandbar is good too, but I wish they are more types of beverages to choose from.
  • And there are shops and restaurants everywhere in the area. There's Figaro Coffee Shop, Yellow Cab and more. And there's also clothes shop like Giordano.


The only thing that I am disappointed at was the food. Since we were in Bataan, I was expecting for the resort to serve local food but what we had was a meal from Max's. I am not complaining but it could've been better if it would've been more localized.

nonetheless, I HAD A GREAT TIME WITH MY FRIENDS AND CO-WORKMATES AND CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE A SHORT GETAWAY LIKE THIS IN THE FUTURE! (and maybe go back to Camaya Coast to see the amazing view again)



Gratefully ecstatic,
sleepypotterhead

No comments:

Post a Comment