Friday 4 November 2016

Apocalypse Child

Surf's up
Feelings drowned
Memories of childhood
Breaks through


I have been meaning to watch indie films and I'm glad that my new found friends are into it. Therefore, I'll be able to watch some from now on.





Basically, it's about this popular surfer in Baler, Ford, who struggles on getting real about his roots.

Ford is practically a celebrity in his town because he was said to be the lovechild of the famous director of 'Apocalypse Now', Francis Ford Coppola PLUS he's too good of a surfer. He teaches surfing as well and he has this kind of relationship with Fiona, a Fil-Am who came home to Baler to visit her dying grandmother.

When his childhood friend came home to mourn his father, his past were slowly getting in the surface. Little by little, there are some sort of revelations about the characters, not only Ford, every scene that makes you on the edge of your seat, anticipating what will happen next.

(will not you spoil you anymore beyond this point)


The good thing about this film is it tackles a lot of issues and somehow picks on your brain making you ask, "what happened?", "how did it happened?", "why are they like that?"

There were a lot of vulgar scenes, but these scenes given depth to the whole story. The way it was filmed were fantastic. The plot line is obviously deliberated and thought of. The actors were too good on this film, even I enjoyed Jordan's character and he's just being funny.

As for me, I freaking love Fiona. I loved how Annicka portrayed her and I loved that scene when he confronted Ford and she was thrashing all around, man that was good! And her lines were amazingly written, "Why does everything have to be mystical? Stop making excuses and just admit that he made a mistake, he failed." She is the most real character in the film, in my opinion.

No wonder that this film were multi-awarded!



AND the soundtrack is just too damn good! The post-credit song has been going in my head for more than a week now!




As of now, Apocalypse Child is still showing in some cinemas. Go watch it now, you won't regret it!



Yours,
sleepypotterhead

No comments:

Post a Comment